Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Calendar is filling up!

Break time is over! We are starting back into the homeschooling scene and getting our feet wet in meeting other homeschoolers.

There are tons of activities and some are now on our schedule. Next week, K is going bowling with the "Westsiders" and starting a woodworking class that will meet for 6 weeks. The following week the Westsiders are going to see Percy Jackson movie. The week after that she has a book club meeting with the same group and then a young writer's workshop at Powell's book store that a lot of homeschoolers are attending. There is another book club on the eastside and I am hoping to do a little more that is closer to our new home, but we will take the activities where we can get them while we get settled.

Yesterday, K and I drove a little farther out and I *almost* knew where I was. It is just a little difficult to see where all the streets are when they are 1. sooo close together, 2. Don't always have curbs or clear signs - hard to tell the driveways from the streets. 3. "Reggie" is a little slow on telling me the turns because the streets are small, so it ususally comes out with the turn as I am parallel with the street entrance. Fortuantely, we don't live in an area with a bunch of one way streets! Though you couldn't tell that because there seems to be no law about which way you face on a street when you park. In just looking down the right side of my street 3 cars are facing away from my house and 2 are facing my house. Weird.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I posted a comment! And it finally took it! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You figured it out! Now get the Gmail going so we can webcam properly!

    ReplyDelete